FOR THE PUBLIC THEATER OF SAN ANTONIO PRODUCTION:
For more information, please contact The Public Theater of San Antonio:
The Public Theater of San Antonio is an AEA – Small Professional – Category 1 Theater.
*You do NOT have to be an AEA member to audition/be involved with our theater.
We aim to treat all performers with equal worth and value – Equity works!
EPA/ECC dates and information coming soon! Anticipated dates will be March 5, 6 and 7.
2020-2021 Season Generals Dates
March 12, 2020; 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
March 13, 2020; 9:30 am – 7:30 pm
March 14, 2020; 9:30 am – 1:00 pm and 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
March 15, 2020; 9:30 am – 2:00 pm
(If you are requested for Dance call it will be March 15, 2020, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
Thank you for your interest in performing for our 2020-2021 Season!
These auditions will be utilized to cast the following productions:
Last of the Boys
La Casa Azul the Musical
The Ladies Foursome
A Bronx Tale the Musical
Rock of Ages
References to Salvador Dali Make Me Hot
Prepared Materials Required:
- Musicals OR Musicals and Plays
- 1 monologue (not to exceed 1 minute), 2 song selections (16-32 bars, not to exceed 30 seconds, nothing prior to 1990)
- Provide sheet music in the proper key
- No CD / No MP3 / No Acapella
- No private pianist (an accompanist is provided)
- Dance Call scheduled March 15, 2020, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, by invitation only. If invited, please dress for movement/dance to include proper footwear.
- Plays ONLY
- 2 contrasting contemporary monologues (not to exceed 1 minute each)
- Do not bring props
- No original work or poetry
Resumes should include a current phone number and email address.
Minors are required to provide a parent/guardian email on audition registration as well as resume. No correspondence will be made with a minor’s personal email.
- A full list of roles can be found here!
- Accepting auditions for artists 16 and older only.
- Youth auditions for Annie, Kinky Boots, La Casa Azul the Musical, and A Bronx Tale will be held separately in Fall 2020.
- Auditions for Fresh Ink New Work Fest will be held separately TBD.
To make your audition appointment, CLICK HERE.
To submit your video audition, CLICK HERE. Video submissions requested prior to March 15, 2020.